Webtech Evolution Limited T/A Webtech Creative Agency (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
This Privacy Statement contains the following important information:
• Collection of your personal information
• How we use and disclose your personal information
• Security of your personal information
• How to access, correct or update your personal information
• How to contact us
Collection of your personal information
When you use this website our Internet Service Provider (ISP) may make a record of your visit and log your server address, your domain name, the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages and documents you accessed, the previous site you had accessed (ie the referring URL) and the type of browser you are using. This information is collected for statistical purposes only, and Webtech Evolution Limited will not make any attempt to identify users according to their browsing activity.
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data-center that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.[A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.] This includes offsite back storage overseas from our data-center supplier.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against loss, unauthorised use, access or disclosure and any other misuse. We apply careful administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are appropriate for the sort of information we collect, to ensure that your information is safe and secure at all times.
How to access, correct or update your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy statement, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit them.
We are not responsible for the content of any websites that we do not control, any use of those websites or the privacy practices of those businesses.
Updates to our privacy statement
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
How to contact us
Please visit the Contact page of this website